My Guide Website?
From Cape Town: South African Wildlife Safari 2-Day Tour109 Reviews
Go wild with an overnight trip from Cape Town or Stellenbosch. Venture off the beaten track in search of Africa's Big Five and encounter wildlife at private game reserves. Enjoy daily game drives, a bush walk safari and walk with orphaned elephants.
- Spot some of the Big Five animals on two 4x4 safari game drives
- Follow a game ranger as you track wildlife on foot during a tranquil walking safari
- Stay overnight at Oudtshoorn, a quirky country town in the heart of the Klein Karoo and the ostrich capital of the world
- Try local delicacies at a 'braai' (similar to bbq) dinner, giving you a taste of authentic South African culture
DescriptionDay 1: Botlierskop, Oudtshoorn (Travel route about 450 km) Leave Cape Town or Stellenbosch early in the morning and trade the silhouette of Table Mountain for the lush green scenery of the Garden Route. The first game reserve visited is about 5 to 6 hours driving away (subject to weather and traffic conditions), but the route is scenic with a few photos and rest stops along the way. The 3500ha Botlierskop private game reserve is located in a malaria-free area and home to an abundance of wildlife including four of the Big Five, giraffes, zebras, wildebeest, well over 26 different species of animals, and more than 200 bird species. Spot some of Africa’s wild animals from the back of an open-top 4x4 vehicle and particularly keep your eyes open for lion, elephant, buffalo, and rhino sightings. Leopards are nocturnal hunters, evasive and not contained by fences so it's unlikely to see them during these game drives. After this approx. 2-hour game drive it's time for an up-close and personal encounter with nature on a short tranquil bush walking safari. Hop off the safari vehicle, following your game ranger as you look for wildlife through the coastal Renosterveldt and Cape Fynbos. A short 1-hour drive to the next stop to end your day in Oudtshoorn, the ostrich capital of the world. Either head to town to enjoy a restaurant meal or taste local delights, such as an ostrich kebab during an optional 'braai' (similar to BBQ) dinner under the Klein Karoo's twinkling starry skies. Overnight in Oudtshoorn (Saver package) Uthando Backpackers, (3* Comfort) Yamkela guesthouse or (4* Deluxe) Buffelsdrift lodge. Day 2: Oudtshoorn, Buffelsdrift, Route 62 (B) (Travel route about 420 km) After breakfast, jump straight into the thick of the Klein Karoo bush this morning as you set out on an open-topped 2-hour 4x4 safari drive to seek out more of Africa’s wildlife at Buffelsdrift Private Game Reserve. Your expert guide and ranger will help spot wildlife and share some of nature’s secrets while teaching you about the region’s fauna and flora. This bush drive focuses more on getting back to basics and close to nature as the reserve is not home too many big game species. Join rangers on an optional Elephant Bush Walk to have the opportunity to walk alongside three rescued elephants on their morning stroll to the nearby waterhole (own expense). Learn about these gentle giants, under the watchful eye of the elephant guides as you walk along with these impressive creatures – easily the largest land mammals on earth. End-off the day with a drive along Route 62, the longest wine route in the world! Capture the beauty of high mountains, twisting passes, and rugged Karoo plains during this about 5 to 6 hour journey ( subject to including extra rest stops) before arriving in Cape Town or Stellenbosch by later evening (about 7pm to 9pm).
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off from Cape Town and Stellenbosch central regions Friendly qualified local driver guide Transportation in a minivan with air-con Accommodation with bedding for 1 night (as per package selected - room upgrades available to supplier directly) 1 Breakfast Botleirskop 4x4 safari game drive (about 2 hours) Buffelsdrift 4x4 bush drive (about 2 hours) Mini bush walking safari (about 15 min)
- The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasions, run in reverse order According to availability at the time of booking, accommodation will be in the mentioned hotel or in one of a similar standard and star rating Pickup time is usually between 6:00 AM-7:00 AM on the morning of departure. An email will be sent confirming the exact pick-up time a day before the tour departs Some optional activities are subject to weather conditions and can only be booked and paid for on the tour Children under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult Leopards are nocturnal hunters, evasive and not contained by fences so it's unlikely to see them during these game drives Double and twin rooms require a minimum and maximum of 2 customers per room