My Guide Website?
From Cape Town: South African Wildlife Safari 2-Day Tour145 Reviews
Go wild with an overnight trip from Cape Town or Stellenbosch to Oudsthoorn. Venture off the beaten track in search of Africa's Big 5 and spot wildlife at private game reserves with daily 4x4 drives.
- Try to spot some of the big five animals on a 4x4 safari game drive
- Track smaller wildlife on a short guided bush walk during a safari
- Visit Oudtshoorn, a quirky country town in the heart of the Klein Karoo
- Have the option to follow and observe rescued elephants in their natural habitat
DescriptionDay 1: Botlierskop, Oudtshoorn (Travel about 450km excluding safari drives) Leave Cape Town or Stellenbosch early in the morning and trade the silhouette of Table Mountain for the lush green scenery of the start of the Garden Route region. The first game reserve visited is about 6 hours driving away (subject to weather or traffic), but the route is scenic with a few photos and rest stops along the way. The 3500ha Botlierskop private game reserve is located in a malaria-free area and home to an abundance of wildlife including four of the Big Five, giraffes, zebras, wildebeest, well over 26 different species of animals, and more than 200 bird species. Spot some of Africa’s wild animals from the back of an open-top 4x4 vehicle and particularly keep your eyes open for lion, elephant, buffalo, and rhino sightings. Leopards are nocturnal hunters, evasive and not contained by fences so it's unlikely to see them during these game drives. After this approx. 2-hour game drive it's time for an up-close and personal encounter with nature on a short tranquil bush walking safari. Hop off the safari vehicle, following your game ranger as you look for wildlife through the coastal Renosterveldt and Cape Fynbos. A short 1-hour drive to the next stop to end your day in Oudtshoorn, the ostrich capital of the world. Either head to town to enjoy a restaurant meal or taste local delights, such as an ostrich kebab during an optional 'braai' (similar to BBQ) dinner under the Klein Karoo's twinkling starry skies. Overnight in Oudtshoorn as per your stay package selected: Uthando Backpackers (Dorm or Saver package) or Yamkela / 88 Baron van Reede guesthouse (3* Comfort) or Buffelsdrift lodge (4* Deluxe package) . Day 2: Oudtshoorn, Route 62 (Travel about 420km excluding safari drives) After breakfast, jump straight into the thick of the Klein Karoo bush this morning as you set out on an open-topped 2-hour 4x4 bush drive to seek out more of Africa’s smaller wildlife at Buffelsdrift Private Game Reserve. Your expert guide and ranger will help spot wildlife and share some of nature’s secrets while teaching you about the region’s fauna and flora. This bush drive focuses more on looking closer to see details of nature as the reserve is not home to many big game. Join elephant guides on an optional Elephant Observation Nature Walk to follow three rescued elephants in their natural habitat near the waterhole (at extra expense). Learn about these gentle giants, under the watchful eye of the elephant guides. As you observe these lovable creatures you can take photos and ask elephant-related questions. End-off the day with a drive along Route 62, the longest wine route in the world! Capture the beauty of high mountains, twisting passes, and rugged Karoo plains during this about 5 to 6 hour journey ( subject to including extra rest stops) before arriving in Cape Town or Stellenbosch by later evening (about 8 to 9pm).
IncludesPickup and drop-off from Cape Town and Stellenbosch central regions Friendly qualified local driver guide Shared Transportation in a minivan with air-con (Exclusive transfers in tour vehicle for private tours) Accommodation with bedding for 1 night (as per package selected) 1 Breakfast Botleirskop 4x4 safari game drive (about 2 hours) Buffelsdrift 4x4 bush drive (about 2 hours) Short guided bush walk safari (about 15 min)
- - The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasions, run in reverse order - According to availability at the time of booking, accommodation will be in the mentioned accommodation or in one of a similar standard and star rating. - Pickup time is usually between 6am to 7am on the morning of departure. An email will be sent confirming the exact pick-up time a day before the tour departs - Some optional activities are subject to weather conditions and can only be booked and paid for on the tour - Children under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult - Leopards are nocturnal hunters, evasive and not contained by fences so it's unlikely to see them during these safari drives. - Wildlife sightings cannot be guaranteed, the animals roam freely in large reserve camps. - Not that 4x4 drive is a safari Game Drive with the focus on trying to find as many of the big 5 animals possible. The other 4x4 drive is called a Bush Drive and focus on smaller wildlife and plants.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromZAR 4,200.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today