Plettenberg Bay: Canyoning Trip25 Reviews
Try your hand at canyoning, a sport involving scrambling, floating, swimming, walking and abseiling. Choose from a 2 or 4-hour trip and experience canyoning in a pristine and beautiful environment while allowing for plenty of fun and total safety.
- Thrill yourself by abseiling down cliff edges and enjoy the optional cliff jumps along the way
- Experience the amazing zip-line from above a waterfall and into the river below
- Enjoy the pristine indigenous forest as the canyon winds itself down the valley
DescriptionCheck in at the base camp to pick up your wetsuits, harnesses, life jackets and helmets. Once the group is ready, leave base camp for a short drive to the start of your canyon adventure. First, start your ropes course with a gentle 25-meter abseil into the canyon. Then, kick off with your first jump into the river followed by a short swim. Next, if you choose, try your hand at some cliff jumping. For this part of the activity, the highest jump is around of about 7 meters, and lowest 1 meter above the water level, so there are many options if your nerves are getting the better of you. Continue swimming and hiking down the river to The Rush, a waterfall abseil, and seasonally a controlled zip-line over the waterfall. Carry on swimming and hiking down the river until your next adventure, a 55-meter zip-line over a waterfall and into the river below. On completion of the trip, you will be collected from the pick-up point and transported back to the base camp for a nice hot shower, and to collect your pictures of the canyon trip.
Includes2 or 4-hour canyoning trip Wetsuits Harness Helmet and life jacket Meals and drinks
- Minimum age of 8 years old is required to participate
- Please note, you must arrive at the base camp an hour before the booking time for the safety briefing and to receive your gear
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability