My Guide Website?
Garden Route and Addo Elephant National Park: 6-Day Safari102 Reviews
This popular tour is an adventurous, yet relaxed and affordable way to explore South Africa’s Garden Route. Enjoy six-days of visiting the area’s key landmarks, exploring nature, learning about the region’s culture and taking part in daring activities.
- This popular tour is an adventurous, yet relaxed and affordable way to explore South Africa’s Garden Route
- Your qualified tour guides will take you to Hermanus, Mossel Bay, Wilderness, Knysna, Tsitsikamma, Addo, Sedgefield, Route 62 and more
- Take part in activities like canoeing and hiking in Wilderness National Park and game viewing in Addo Elephant National Park
- Test your daring and participate in a shark tank dive, bungee jumping, whale watching, sand boarding and open vehicle safari drive
- Pick-up from any hotel in Cape Town and their surrounding areas included
DescriptionDay 1: Cape Town – Hermanus – Cape Agulhas The tour departs from Cape Town and heads to Hermanus. Follow the scenic coastal road to Betty's Bay to see a colony of endangered African penguins. Spend the afternoon in the seaside resort town of Hermanus, famous for playing home to hundreds of Southern Right whales from July to November. The town also features many shops, restaurants, and markets. In the afternoon you'll drive on to Cape Agulhas, the southernmost tip of Africa, and the place where the Indian and Atlantic oceans meet. Day 2: Cape Agulhas – Oudtshoorn Travel to Oudtshoorn in the Little Karoo, known as the ostrich capital of the world, via scenic Route 62, South Africa’s longest wine route. Sample local wines before experiencing the subterranean beauty of the Cango Caves on a guided tour. Day 3: Oudtshoorn – Knysna – Sedgefield After breakfast head over to Outeniqua Mountain Pass, where you'll explore Wilderness National Park by canoe. Enjoy a paddle up the Touw River through the indigenous forest, admiring the diverse local birds along the way. After about 40 minutes, leave your canoe behind for a 2-kilometer hike along a boardwalk that leads to rock pools and a lovely waterfall. Afterwards, head to the famous town of Knysna via the beautiful Garden Route Lake District. Visit the famous Knysna Heads viewing point, overlooking the Knysna estuary. Spend the late afternoon exploring the beaches of Sedgefield. Day 4: Sedgefield- Tsitsikamma - Addo After breakfast, head off to Tsitsikamma National Park. En route, you'll stop at Bloukrans Bridge, the world’s highest bungee jump bridge, standing at 216 meters tall. You'll spend the afternoon in Tsitsikamma National Park, which features a unique combination of indigenous forest and beautiful Indian Ocean coastline. The park offers hikes of varying lengths including a walk across a suspension bridge, and swimming. In the late afternoon, depart the Garden Route for Addo. Day 5: Addo-Wilderness/Mossel Bay Spend the morning exploring Addo Elephant National Park. You'll get up to 2-3 hours to roam the 28,000-hectare national reserve, home to approximately 600 elephants and various other animals, including buffalo, lions, rhinos, warthogs and many more. After an exciting morning on safari, we drive back to the Garden Route where we overnight in Wilderness/Mossel Bay. Day 6: Wilderness –Mossel Bay - Cape Town After breakfast, stop in Mossel Bay to spend some time on the gorgeous beaches, hike the Cape St. Blaize trail along the seaside cliffs, and visit the famous Diaz Museum complex which commemorates the first known European exploration around the tip of Africa. The more adventurous can try a 10,000 foot tandem skydive or sandboarding on the longest dune in South Africa. Arrive back at Cape Town in the early evening.
IncludesAir-conditioned transport throughout 5 nights' accommodation – backpacker and guesthouse options available Dinners and breakfasts, except on Day 5 Local wine tasting Cango Caves adventure tour Canoeing and hiking in Wilderness National Park Wilderness viewing safari in Addo Elephant National Park Hiking in Tsitsikamma National Park
- Tour departs every Monday, all year round
- This is an active tour. It is best suited towards those who like to be on the move, and can comfortably walk, carry luggage, and get in and out of the vehicle frequently
- Tour fee varies by accommodation type
- Those who select the shark cage diving option will be picked up very early in the morning on day 1 by the diving operator, and will miss the first half of day 1
- Please note that the itinerary given is sometimes done in a different order
- Travelers as young as 14 can attend, if accompanied by a parent/legal guardian
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromZAR 9,870.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today