My Guide Website?
From Cape Town: Western Cape 2-Day Wildlife Glamping +Safari11 Reviews
Travel off the beaten track on a Western Cape glamping safari trip. Stay at a luxury tented game lodge in Oudtshoorn and enjoy 4x4 drives and chances to see wildlife like lions, elephants, rhinos, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Garden Route:If youʻre booking your trip to Garden Route last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Search for most of the Big 5 animals on a 4x4 game drive safari
- Glamp in style surrounded by nature in luxury canvas tents at Buffelsdrift Lodge
- Observe orphaned African elephants as roam freely (optional activity)
- Get a front row seat to spot smaller wildlife & plants on a relaxed bush drive
- Road trip along the scenic Route 62 with quirky pit stops along the way
DescriptionDay 1: Botlierskop - Oudtshoorn Depart Cape Town or Stellenbosch early morning (6am - 7am) and trade the silhouette of Table Mountain for the scenery at the starting point of the lush Garden Route region. Travel route about 450 km / 4 to 6 hours driving. Enjoy the scenic route along the way to the 3,500-hectare Botlierskop private game reserve. Located in a malaria-free area, the reserve is home to an abundance of wildlife including four of the Big Five, giraffes, zebras, wildebeest, and more than 200 bird species. Spot some of the wild animals native to the region from the back of an open-top 4x4 vehicle and keep your eyes peeled for lion, elephant, buffalo, and rhino sightings. Leopards are nocturnal hunters, evasive, and not contained by fences so it's unlikely to see them during these game drives. During the 2-hour game drive you may get time for a more personal encounter with nature as your guide allows you to hop off the vehicle (subject to weather and safety) to have quick walk in nature to look at insects, plants and smaller wildlife along the coastal Renosterveldt region. After an hour's journey, you'll reach either Deluxe Buffelsdrift Game Lodge or Farmstay MooiPlaas, just outside Oudtshoorn town – an unexpected safari oasis that wows from the first glimpse. In the heart of the Klein Karoo, Buffelsdrift offer luxe canvas tents decked out with all the creature comforts, including a beautiful claw-footed bath, rustic outdoor shower, and an inviting king-sized bed. On the horizon line, giraffes snack on the tops of tall trees as the sun dips below the horizon. Take in the calm veld surroundings as you lounge at the pool deck. If you select the Farmstay option, overnight on the working ostrich farm, Mooi Plaas. Day 2: Buffelsdrift - Route 62 Travel about 450km / 6 hours driving (excluding safari). After breakfast, venture off into the Klein Karoo bush for an 2-hour 4x4 bush drive to seek out more of the local wildlife. Your ranger will help spot wildlife and share some of nature’s secrets while teaching you about the region’s fauna and flora. Get close to nature and discover insects, plants, and smaller mammals. Look out for buffalo, giraffes, kudu, porcupines, and meerkats. Join elephant guides on an optional Elephant Observation in nature experience (at extra expense) to have the opportunity to see three rescued elephants as they roam freely in this natural habitat in the Cango Valley overlooking a nearby waterhole. Learn about the gentle giants under the guidance of the elephant guides as you observe them, ask questions and take photos. End the day with a drive along Route 62, the longest wine route in the world. Travel back, soaking in the beauty of the high mountains, twisting passes and rugged Karoo plains on your return journey to arrive back in Cape Town or Stellenbosch by late evening (between 6pm - 9pm). Subject to traffic and stops.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Tour guide Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle Accommodation for 1 night 1 Breakfast Botlierskop 4x4 safari game drive Buffelsdrift 4x4 bush drive
- Exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasions, run in reverse order
- Travel route about 900 km in total / driving about 4 to 6 hours daily (excluding the safari drives). This fast-paced packed itinerary tour is ideal for the young-at-heart that only have limited time to travel and explore this region.
- Do not book flights or appointments on the last day as return time can't be guaranteed.
- According to availability at time of booking, you may need to move to the closest available date if accommodation is sold out.
- Some optional activities are subject to weather conditions and can only be booked and paid for on the tour
- Minimum age is 8 years. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- If you select the Private Tour option your tour's transport will run exclusively for you with a private local guide. Activities are shared.
- The scheduled Small Group option allow you to join a set itinerary with other customers that booked same tour.