My Guide Website?
From Cape Town: Cape Point, Penguins And Wine Tasting Tour20 Reviews
Travel past Clifton and Camps Bay, Hout Bay, Chapman's Peak Drive, and Slangkop Lighthouse. Feed ostriches, see Cape Point, get up-close with penguins at Boulders Beach, lunch at Simon's Town and enjoy wine tasting in Constantia Valley.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Garden Route:If youʻre booking your trip to Garden Route last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit Cape Point in Table Mountain Nature Reserve and let the Flying Dutchman Funicular transport you up to the lighthouse
- Travel along one of the most spectacular roads in the world, Chapman's Peak Drive
- Have a drink at Cape of Good Hope, the most southwestern point of Africa
- Get up-close to the penguin colony at Boulders Beach near Simon's Town
- Treat your taste buds to award-winning wines of the Constantia Valley wine route
DescriptionGet picked up at 8:00 AM from your centrally located Cape Town city hotel or lodging in order to start the Cape Peninsula Tour. Travel around the beautiful Atlantic coastline, past the world-famous Clifton and Camps Bay Beaches, Bakoven, Llandudno and through Hout Bay. Continue along the world-renowned magnificent Chapman’s Peak Drive towards Kommetjie, a great surf spot, the Slangkop Lighthouse, past Misty Cliffs and continuing through the quaint seaside village of Scarborough until heading to Cape of Good Hope in the Table Mountain National Park. Be served complimentary tea/ coffee and biscuits at the much photographed Cape of Good Hope sign-board before driving further to eventually hop onto the Flying Dutchman Funicular (cost included) to go up to the incredibly beautiful viewing point around the base of the old Cape Point lighthouse. Your next exciting stop will be Boulders Beach, a popular tourist destination, to view a colony of African penguins that settled there in 1982. Boulders Beach is one of the few sites where the penguins can be observed at close range, wandering freely in a protected natural environment. Boardwalks will take you to within a few yards of the birds. Lunch will normally be at Seaforth near Boulders. Their fish and chips is always a winner, but so is the rest of the menu. Then it's through Glen Cairn, Fish Hoek, Kalk Bay and over Boyes Drive for a panoramic view of False Bay, where you may be lucky enough to spot sharks or whales on a quick stop to the Shark Spotters lookout. Not far from here you reach the Constantia Valley Wine Route, one of 9 routes in South Africa. You will be treated to a tasting of 5 fine wines at one of the finely selected estates on route. Then for a scenic drive back to your hotel past Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens which you can visit at your own leisure by taking the city sightseeing hop-on hop-off bus or an Uber from the city. This is a full day tour and you won't get back to your hotel until around 5:00 PM but it will be the most memorable day of your visit to Cape Town.
IncludesBottled water Morning tea and biscuits served by guide Chapman's Peak toll-fee Funicular return ticket at Cape Point lighthouse Entrance fee to Boulders Beach Driver/guide Transport by air-conditioned minivan Live commentary on-board Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Lunch will be at the Seaforth, popular for their fish and chips
- All ages can partake in this tour although there is some walking and climbing of steep stairs involved
- No persons under 18-years-old may participate in the wine tasting
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring a jacket as it is often cold/ windy at Cape Point