My Guide Website?
Cape Town: Mountain Biking Trip on Table Mountain3 Reviews
Mountain bike along the slopes of Table Mountain, one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World. The tour includes transportation and entrance to Table Mountain National Park.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Garden Route:If youʻre booking your trip to Garden Route last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mountain bike along the slopes of one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World
- Great views of the surrounding town, mountains and suburbs of Cape Town
- Enjoy some scenic cycling through the top parts of Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Experience great views of Cape Town and False Bay
DescriptionGo mountain biking on Table Mountain, voted one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World. The tour starts with pick-up at your hotel. Your guide will take you to Constantia Neck, which is the start of the route. After the route briefing and bike setup the ride will start. You will head up the top slopes of the mountain then keep to the jeep track with some gradual ascents and descents towards Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. From here there are a combination of jeep track and single tracks through forest areas, as well as a steep descent in Newlands Forest. A short cycle takes you to the bottom gate of Rhodes Memorial, where a steep ascent takes you up the side of Devil's Peak and onto the front end Table Mountain. The jeep track is rocky and some of the ascents steep but the views make up for the effort. When you reach the top contour, an easy cycle to the top cable car station takes you to Kloof Neck. Cross the road and join the tar road to Signal Hill. A single track contours along Signal Hill and leads you to Kloof Neck road, for an easy descent to Camps Bay for a well deserved coffee. Your guide will then drop you off at your hotel.
IncludesGuide Entrance to Table Mountain National Park Transport Water bottle
- The total distance is 45 km, and the total ascent is 1108 meters
- Cycling fitness and mountain biking experience is required. Please note that this tour is quite advanced, e-Bike rental is also available
- Bicycle and helmet rental is available, but bring your own bicycle and shoes if possible