My Guide Website?
Garden Route National Park: Tsitsikamma Zipline Canopy Tour
, Garden Route https://www.myguidegardenroute.com/events/garden-route-national-park-tsitsikamma-zipline-canopy-tour
Storms River: Tsitsikamma National Park Zipline Canopy Tour
- Go on a tree top based zipline canopy tour
- Learn about local birdlife and flora as you travel from platform to platform
- See beautiful tree ferns and other interesting forest flora
DescriptionThis unique eco-wilderness adventure takes place in the magnificent Tsitsikamma indigenous rainforest. Most of the platforms are located in giant Outeniqua Yellowwood trees. The scenery and bird life are spectacular and professional guides provide interesting facts about the forest ecology throughout the tour. The concept of guiding people through the upper canopy of a rainforest originated in Costa Rica, where adventurous biologists devised new methods for accessing the forest canopy in order to conduct research on the undiscovered canopy ecosystem. The idea soon developed into a breathtaking form of eco-tourism which allowed people to enter and experience a previously inaccessible natural environment. The tour begins with a detailed safety briefing followed by a kitting-up session where full body harnesses, pulleys, and climbing equipment are issued and checked. A short drive into the Tsitsikamma forest and it is time to monkey around. From the start on the launch platform, a new world unfolds as one gently glides on a steel cable to the first tree platform. All groups are escorted through the forest canopy by a lead guide and a follow guide to ensure your safety as you slide from tree to tree. The platforms are built high up in the giant Outeniqua Yellowwoods and provide an unbelievable view of this enchanting new world, any fear of heights is soon lost as you gather in your new surroundings.
IncludesTwo qualified guides Safety equipment (gloves, helmet, and harness) Bottle of water Certificate
- Please note that the tour includes a 600-meter hike afterward
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women
- There is a maximum weight of approximately between 120 and 130 kilograms, which is related not to weight but to the size of the harnesses
- Children under 5 are not permitted on this tour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromZAR 795.00Buy Tickets!