- Go on safari to see most of the Big Five at Addo Elephant National Park
- Zipline through the luscious Tsitsikamma forest
- Hike over suspension bridges with views of a secret beach
- Paddle through the staggering scenery and abundant birdlife
- Jump from the highest commercial bridge bungy
Day 1: Route 62
Start with a morning pickup (6am to 7am) from your accommodation in Cape Town and Stellenbosch. Travel about 450km along Route 62, the longest wine route in the world, with a wine-tasting stop (non-alcoholic tasting available too) before reaching Oudtshoorn by afternoon.
For a close encounter with Mother Nature, opt in to join elephant guides on an Elephant Observation in Nature (at extra cost) and observe 3 lovable rescued elephants in their natural Cango Valley bush veld habitat.
Overnight at Uthando Backpackers (Dorm or Saver package) or 88 van Rheede Guesthouse (Comfort package) or Buffelsdrift Lodge or similar (Deluxe package).
Day 2: Oudtshoorn
Visit a working ostrich farm and see the largest flightless birds in the world. Next, head to the mountains to go deep underground in the illuminated wonder world of the Cango Caves, exploring vast halls filled with ancient stalactites before traveling onward for about 400km to reach the Addo town region.
Overnight at Avaco Cabins (Dorm or Saver -) or Gerald's Gift (Comfort-) or Addo Wildlife lodge or similar (Deluxe package).
Day 3: Addo, Jeffreys Bay
Rise early for the best chance to spot wildlife as the bush awakes in Addo Elephant National Park, the 3rd largest national park in South Africa. Opt in for the park's own optional 4x4 safari drive in a large open-top truck and join your own group after breakfast for the included 2-hour van game drive with your guideo search for some of the big five animals; if lucky you'll spot elephants, buffalos, lion & more.
Travel about 200km to J'bay to either spend free time at the beach or choosing between optional surfing, beach horseback riding, or sand boarding (extra cost).
Overnight at Island Vibe (Dorm or Saver -) or Sea Whisper (Comfort -) or On The Beach Lodge or similar (Deluxe package).
Day 4: Tsitsikamma, Sedgefield
After breakfast, drive 250km to go experience an optional highest Bungy jump bridge in the world, optional Waterfall Zipline over waterfalls in Tsitsikamma forest (both at extra cost) or choose to have free time and arrive early to spend more time in Tsitsikamma National Park. After all had some time to explore the park, drive onward with a photo stop at Knysna's lagoon en route to Sedgefield.
Overnight at Pili Pili Backpackers (Dorm or Saver-) Fairy Knowe (Comfort-) or Dolphin Dunes or similar (Deluxe package).
Day 5: Wilderness
Take to the water for a leisurely kayak session to a hidden waterfall along the calm rivers of the wilderness region.
As part of a 400km journey back to Cape Town, spot wildlife on a 4x4 Botlierskop game drive (at extra cost) or relax at Mossel Bay's Diaz Beach after walking to the Cape St Blaize lighthouse.
Your adventure ends with evening drop-offs in Cape Town or Stellenbosch (between 8pm to 10pm).
Pickup and drop-off at your accommodation (within a 10-km radius of Cape Town and from Stellenbosch)
Transportation in an air-conditioned minivan
Accommodation for 4 nights (as per option selected)
Cango Caves adventure tour
Ostrich farm tour
Entrance to Addo National Park
Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park
2-hour game drive in Addo National Park by bus
Route 62 wine tasting
- The tour itinerary can run in a different order to ensure the optimal experience as per the season.
- Accommodation may change to a similar grading option if the preferred options listed are not available. Accommodation can only be confirmed after the tour is paid in full.
- In peak season (Dec 10-Jan 10) you may stay for 2 nights in Jeffreys Bay instead of Addo.
- Optional activities are weather dependent and can be paid for during the tour. Prices are subject to change.
- Addo 4x4 optional safari may need to be booked before the tour.
- Pickup time is usually from 6am to 7am. A check-in email will be sent confirming the exact pickup time a day before the tour departs. End of tour time is a estimate and can vary subject to traffic and weather.
- Leopards are nocturnal hunters and evasive. It's unlikely to see leopards during these game drives in the mountainous Western Cape and Garden Route regions.
- A portion of your trip fee is donated to help fund local community projects.
Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund